Bookmark and Share


I have a 1989 Nova and have to replace the clutch master cylinder. What type of fluid does it require and what type of device is used to put the fluid in?

The clutch master cylinder requires Dot 3 or Dot 4 brake fluid. It is recommended that the clutch slave cylinder be changed at the same time. The fluid just pours into the clutch master cylinder reservoir without any " special" tools. The clutch master cylinder reservoir is located on the driver’s side firewall next to the brake master cylinder reservoir. My records show the last year Chevy had a Nova was 1988. I bet the specifications and locations are still the same as the 1988 model.


  Return to frequently asked questions



Home :: Show :: Archives :: Links :: Contacts :: Login

Ask The Master Auto Technician © 2009